How to Easily Clean a Curio Cabinet
- 1). Remove items from the curio cabinet, or if you are pressed on time, plan to clean around the items.
- 2). Spray furniture dusting polish onto a clean dusting cloth. Old T-shirts make great recycled dusting cloths. Cut the T-shirts into large squares for best results.
- 3). Wipe the wood of the curio cabinet, starting with the inside of the cabinet, with the dusting cloth. If you chose not to remove your items, move them aside or lift them as you dust beneath and around them. Wipe in a gentle, rubbing motion, applying more furniture spray if necessary.
- 4). Polish the outside wood of the curio cabinet by rubbing in a circular motion with the dusting cloth and furniture dusting polish spray. Keep the wood moistened with the spray so the cloth glides over the wood with no abrasiveness.
- 5). Spray window cleaner onto the glass doors (and glass shelves if your curio cabinet has them) and use the paper towels to wipe, in a circular motion, the inside and the outside of the glass.
- 6). Dry the glass with fresh paper towels, wiping the glass in a back and forth movement. Check to make sure all of the wood is dust-free and all of the glass is free of smudges and fingerprints before putting your cleaning products away. Discard the used paper towels.