How to Move a Park Model Home
- 1). Pack up all the small items in your mobile to prepare for the move. If you plan to leave them in the home, make sure the boxes are stowed securely in closets or under beds.
- 2). Secure furniture, large appliances and built-in items such as shelves and drawers to stop them from moving in transit. Ratchet straps, rubber bands and painter's tape are all usable securing methods.
- 3). Remove anything valuable, fragile hazardous or perishable from the mobile before moving it.
- 4). Tape windows and mirrors to minimize the chance of breakage.
- 5). Choose a licensed, certified mobile home mover to carry out the move. Your mobile home manufacturer or sales representative can recommend some local movers and installation professionals.
- 6). Take out a comprehensive insurance policy for the move, or purchase one through your moving company.