How to Control a Cat Shedding In the Home
- 1). Feed your cat a high-quality diet rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. Good nutrition promotes a healthy coat and less excessive shedding.
- 2). Brush your cat each day to remove shedding hair, then use a lint roller or damp paper towel after brushing to "trap" and remove loose hair.
- 3). Regularly vacuum household carpeting, then use the upholstery attachment on furniture for quick hair pick-up.
- 4). Use throws or sheets to cover furniture. Wash these at least weekly to remove cat hair.
- 5). Provide cat furniture (beds, towers, cat trees, etc.) throughout the home, keeping hair on the cat's furniture rather than your own.
- 6). Use a good air filtration system to keep cat hair out of the air if you suffer from allergies or live in a multicat household.