How to Keep Your Hair Soft Without Conditioner
- 1). Visit your hairstylist for a trim. Keeping your hair trimmed will keep split ends at bay, which will increase the softness of your hair and decrease frizz.
- 2). Use the right shampoo. Spray a little water on your hair. If it soaks in, you should use shampoo formulated for normal to dry hair. If the water beads up on the surface of your hair, use shampoo formulated for normal to oily hair.
- 3). Towel dry your hair gently. Roughly rubbing your hair with a towel causes breakage, especially since hair is more fragile when wet. Instead, gently squeeze excess water from your hair with your hands, then blot at your hair with the towel. Or simply wrap your hair gently with the towel turban-style, and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4). Apply shine serum to your hair when it is wet, and comb it through evenly. Shine serum will create soft-looking locks until you wash again.
- 5). Comb your hair gently when it's wet. Combing too hard or pulling roughly through tangles will leave your hair with breakage and split ends, which contributes to dry-looking, frizzy hair.
- 6). Avoid using hair products that contain alcohol. Alcohol will dry out your hair and make it look limp and frizzy.
- 7). Apply a small amount of hand lotion to the ends of your hair, if it still looks course and frizzy. This will tame your hair and give it a little shine.