How to Avoid Wedding Day Mishaps
- 1). Choose wedding vendors carefully. Ask for recommendations for photographers, DJs, bands, caterers, wedding venues, and anyone else that you need to hire to help out with your big day. You want to work with professionals, so it's a good idea to make sure that your vendors are good at their craft.
- 2). Devise a backup plan if you're having an outdoor ceremony. No one wants to attend an outdoor wedding in the rain, so book an indoor site to have as a backup in case the weather doesn't cooperate on your big day.
- 3). Ask all members of the wedding party to try on their attire ahead of time. Groomsmen need to make sure their tuxedos fit and that all necessary pieces were included with their rental. Bridesmaids must ensure that their dresses fit, especially if any alterations have been made. The bride and groom should also follow this rule.
- 4). Create a "do not play list" if there are certain songs that you don't want your band or DJ to play. Let him know what songs you would like to have played during special moments such as your first dance, the mother-son dance, and the father-daughter dance.
- 5). Keep the cake out of the sun, as this will cause it to melt. It should also be placed away from the dance floor and other high traffic areas, as this will make it easier for people to accidentally knock it over.
- 6). Allow extra time for everything on your wedding day. Ask all wedding vendors and members of the bridal party to show up earlier than you actually need them to, because some of them will likely be late. This will allow you to be less stressed, since you will already have the extra time built into your schedule.