Home & Garden Maintenance & Repairs

Grants to Rebuild After a Disaster

    FEEA - Natural Disaster Grants

    • The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund provides grants to help federal employees who experience major losses as a result of an officially declared natural disaster. The disaster must have affected an individual to the point that he is unable to afford repairs or a new home and is having trouble meeting basic living needs. According to the FEEA website, "the applicant must be currently employed with the civilian federal government and must have at least one year of employment." Qualified individuals can apply through the FEEA website.

    Public Assistance Grant Program

    • The Federal Emergency Management Agency offers assistance to help alleviate disaster-related housing needs of individuals who have suffered damage through a natural disaster. Through it's Public Assistance Grant Program, businesses and nonprofit organizations can receive funds to help remove debris and rebuild damaged buildings. To be eligible, a group must have been effected by an event that occurred in an officially declared disaster area. Begin the application process at FEMA's website.

    Disaster Assistance Grants

    • The Texas Health and Human Services Commission offers Disaster Assistance Grants to individuals who live in the state of Texas and have been adversely affected by a natural disaster, such as a hurricane. If an individual has sustained damaged or a loss of personal property, he is eligible for grants of up to $29,900 to help rebuild or fix a home or building. The grants are provided by FEMA and state funds. Individuals can apply for assistance by calling 1-800-621-3362.

Leave a reply