Family & Relationships Weddings

Platinum Mens Wedding Bands - When Only The Best Will Do

There are many areas in life where cutting back or belt-tightening is called for - especially in these tough economic times - but some couples refuse to make their choice of wedding bands one of them. A wedding ring is often the only piece of jewelry a man wears every day, so its not surprising that many men go for the added brilliance and intrinsic value of platinum. Platinum mens wedding bands are the perfect way to symbolize your eternal love and fidelity.

Platinum is a very rare metal that is both strong and malleable, making it perfect for a variety of industrial uses too, but over the past two centuries it has been increasingly used as a jewelry metal. Despite its higher price, men have latched onto the concept of wearing platinum mens wedding bands because they are so resistant to everyday wear and tear. Platinum is also an excellent base for holding diamonds and precious stones.

Despite the rising price of gold in todays marketplace, platinum still maintains a higher price per ounce, but in the jewelry market, not all mens platinum wedding bands are created equal. Like gold, platinum is an alloy that contains a small percentage of other metals, but 95 percent platinum has become the industry standard. The value of a platinum ring is often determined by which metals make up that remaining 5 percent. If you are shopping for platinum mens wedding bands, be sure to ask about the quality of the metals used in the alloy.

What are some of the benefits of wearing platinum mens wedding bands?

Some people find that they are allergic to some of the metals used in wedding bands, particularly nickel, which is often alloyed with white gold. Platinum mens wedding bands are usually alloyed with iridium or ruthenium, so they are hypoallergenic and perfect for men with sensitive skin.

High quality platinum rings are much less likely to scratch or dent than rings made of gold or silver. Platinum is a much harder metal, so it doesnt wear down over time and can easily be polished to make it shine like new.

Which wedding band styles look best in platinum?

Platinum mens wedding bands look terrific in any style that shows off the natural brilliance and shine of the metal, but the most popular style is the traditional domed profile. The slight curve of the band shows off the highly reflective qualities of platinum, so there is little need for embellishment, but if you are looking for something different then platinum mens wedding bands can also be dressed up with diamonds. Another popular way to wear a platinum ring is with a flat profile. Also known as pipe-cut bands, these rings have a distinctively modern look.
No matter why you choose to consider platinum mens wedding bands, there is no doubt that you will be very satisfied with the beauty and quality of this incredible metal.

Leave a reply