How to Find the Oil-Controlling Skincare Secret
- 1). First makeup sure your makeup and skincare products are all made for oily skin. Double check for oil free, because one time at a cosmetic counter I was given powder for combination instead of oily skin.
- 2). Do not worry there is nothing in Milk of Magnesia that is harmful to skin. Magnesia Hydroxide is the main ingredient in Milk of Magnesia and it actually absorbs up the oil on your face.
- 3). Buy the Philips' brand of Milk of Magnesia, it has 500mg Magnesia Hydroxide. There is also a big bottle of no name brand at the dollar store with 400mg that mattifies my face. My face used to becomes oily 20 minutes after applying makeup.
- 4). Wash hands throughly and put this oil-controlling primer over your sunscreen, after waiting about 20 minutes for your sunscreen to dry. Shake the bottle and pour the Milk of Magnesia into the cup it comes with and lightly deep your finger tips into the white liquid. To keep your bottle contamination free throw away any extra liquid in the cup, do not pour the liquid that you touched with your fingers back into the bottle. The key to using Milk of Magnesia is using a very tiny amount.
Pouring the Milk of Magensia on a cotton ball works too.
Use 1 or 2 drops and lightly pat it all over your face. Apply just enough so that you face barely feels damp. If you get white streaks then you know you used too much.
- 6). Let your face dry for a minute and then apply your makeup. Use oil blotting sheets if needed in a few hours. To save money you can also use those toilet seat covers in the bathroom, they are the same type of material as the oil blotting sheets. Who know there were so many oil controlling skincare secrets in the bathroom right!?