How to Make Decals Stick to Bumpy Walls
- 1). Mix a small amount of dishwasher soap and water in a bucket. Use the soapy water and a sponge to clean the area of the wall where you want to put the decal.
- 2). Trace the decal on the wall using white chalk. This step isn't necessary unless your decal has a complicated shape, such as the cutout of a large dinosaur or a tree with branches.
- 3). Sand the wall using a 100 grit sandpaper. Smooth the bumpy wall as much as possible to create a flat surface for the decal.
- 4). Dust off the wall using a clean rag.
- 5). Remove the backing from the decal and place it on the sanded wall.