How to Easily Tether an LG Ally
- 1). Tap "Programs" and launch the Android Market app on your LG Ally. Search for Easy Tether, and tap the download link to install the app on your phone.
- 2). Visit mobile-stream.com to download the Easy Tether USB helper program for your computer. Double-click the setup file to install the companion software.
- 3). Tap "Settings > Applications > Development" on your Ally, and enable "USB Debugging." Connect your Ally to a USB port on your computer, and tap "USB Drive" when your smartphone prompts you.
- 4). Launch Easy Tether on your Ally. Tap the option button next to the choice for your computer's operating system. Tap "Next" to start tethering a connection to your computer.
- 1). Download the PdaNet app from the Android Market on your LG Ally. Tap the download link to install the program.
- 2). Visit junefabrics.com for the latest version of the PdaNet companion software for your computer. Install the file on your computer.
- 3). Tap "Settings > Applications > Development," and check the box next to "USB Debugging" to enable the link between your phone and your computer. Connect your Ally to your computer via USB, and tap "USB Drive" to mount the drive on your computer desktop.
- 4). Run PdaNet on your LG Ally. Connect your phone to a USB port on your computer, and wait for the PdaNet dialogue box to appear. Click "OK" to install the drivers on your computer.
- 5). Right-click the PdaNet icon in your system tray at the bottom right of the screen. Click "Connect" to establish a connection.
Klink for Android
- 1). Download Klink from the Android Market on your smartphone. Visit faveset.com for the Klink companion software for your computer. Install Klink on your Ally and computer.
- 2). Tap "Settings > Applications > Development" and enable "USB Debugging." Tap "Stay Awake" to prevent your phone from sleeping while tethering and disconnecting the Internet. Launch Klink on your smartphone.
- 3). Connect your LG Ally to a USB port on your computer. Slide the notification bar down, and tap "USB Connect." Tap "USB Drive." A connection will automatically establish when you connect your Ally to your computer.