The reason why Vancouver is such an attraction is because of the beauty.
Vancouver has very large downtown area with all the sights and sounds of a regular downtown city, but the Pacific Ocean is at the doorstep of all major building in the downtown core.
Also, just a 15 minute drive away from Vancouver is the world Class Grouse Mountain ski resort.
And no other city in the world has a ski resort so close to a metropolitan city! Continue reading to learn some must-know Vancouver travel tips
- Whenever you're visiting Vancouver, be prepared for rain! You will probably encounter rain even in the summer, however you might get lucky and see the sun shine.
- Transportation is not easy for a tourist.
Other than the major bus line in Vancouver, there is not much transportation around the city.
Driving is the best bet, especially since you won't even see a taxi in the downtown core.
- Expensive hotel rooms are normal in Vancouver.
Because Vancouver has such a high cost of living, the room rate is exceptionally high.
- Water pollution is extremely high in Vancouver, so choose your swimming spots carefully.
- Vancouver banned smoking in all buildings, and just recently banned smoking within 12 feet of any building or doorway!
- Vancouerites are not friendly.
If you need directions, good luck finding someone kind enough to help you out.
- Vancouver has the best shopping in Canada
- If you like to party, Vancouver has a really good nightclub district.
Granville Street is the main "party" district in Vancouver, and you will find bars, night clubs strip clubs and gay bars all on one street!
- The Vancouver Aquarium is the largest aquarium in Canada
- Vancouver is one of the most multicultural cities in the world.
- Don't buy gas downtown, especially at the Shell gas station on Burrard Street.
You can, but expect to pay 20 cents more.
- The population of Vancouver is actually very small compared to other major cities.
The population of the City of Vancouver is over 530,000.
However, the population of Metro Vancouver is close to 2,000,000.