How to Post More Songs on Tumblr
- 1). Click "Upload & Share" on the SoundCloud front page. You can sign up for an account if you want, but you can upload without an account. If you do not have an account, SoundCloud will require your email address.
- 2). Click "Choose Files" and select the file that you want to embed in your Tumblr post.
- 4). Check your email. SoundCloud will send a link to your audio file.
- 5). Click "Share" in the upper left corner of the audio player and copy the embed code. If you want to change the aesthetics of the player, select "Customize Player" beside the embed code.
- 6). Open a new post in Tumblr. Select "HTML" from the formatting bar, and paste the SoundCloud embed code in the HTML window. Click "Update," and then "Create Post" to post your entry.
Embedded MP3 Player
- 1). Upload your MP3 file or files to a file hosting service; Tumblr does not offer file hosting services. If you do not have your own web space, Dropbox offers a public option for sharing files that can be embedded into a player.
- 2). Open a new post in Tumblr. If you're just planning to post audio, a new text post would be most efficient; if you want to post in conjuction with an image, you can open a new photo post and add the audio to the description.
- 3). Select an embedded MP3 player. Google offers a basic flash MP3 player that you can embed using the HTML editor; Amit Agarwal posted the code for the player along with a basic tutorial in his blog post about how to embed MP3 files using flash player. (See Resources.)
- 4). Click the HTML button at the end of the formatting toolbar; this will open the HTML editor in a new window. Paste the MP3 player code into the editor, editing it with your MP3 file's URL. If you're using Agarwal's tutorial for the Google player, replace "MP3_FILE_URL" with your file's URL. Click "Update" when you're done.
- 5). Test your embedded player in the rich text mode. The audio file, if added correctly, will play back when you press "Play." When the post is complete and correct, click "Create Post."