How to Make a Spartan Helmet Out of Posterboard
- 1). Cut a 2-inch-wide strip of poster board and form it into a circle to fit your head. Staple the two ends together, keeping the prongs of the staple on the outside of the band.
- 2). Cut four more strips of 2-inch-wide poster board, and crisscross them on top of each other to form an asterisk. Staple the pieces together in the center, then fold the edges down to create a dome shape to fit your head. Once you've determined the proper size for your dome, staple the ends to the band, and cut off any remaining length.
- 3). Go to StormTheCastle.com. Click on the tab that reads "Spartan Armor and Weapons" in the yellow bar on the left side of the page. Once the new page loads, click on "Make a Spartan Helmet" at the end of the first paragraph.
- 4). Print the template for the face guard and the neck guard. You will not need the neck band. Cut out each template. If you are talented in the area of art, you can draw the pieces freehand.
- 5). Trace each template onto your poster board, and cut it out. Staple the two pieces to your existing band.
- 6). Paint the entire helmet using a metallic paint. If using spray paint, work in a well-ventilated area.