How to Smoke Your Own Grains
- 1). Soak the wood in chlorine free water and then let it dry. Place the wood on onside of the grill directly on the hot coals. On the other side place a fine loam screen.
- 2). Pour a pound of grains on to the loam screen. Mist the grains with non-chlorine water with a spray bottle. Close the lid of the grill.
- 3). Set a timer between 20 and 60 minutes. The longer the grain is in with the smoking wood the stronger the smoke flavor.
- 4). Put the loam screen with the smoked grains in the oven on a tray. Turn the oven on the lowest temperature.
- 5). Crack the oven door leaving the smoked grain inside. Let the grain dry out in the oven for a few hours.
- 6). Place the smoked dry grain in a re-sealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.