How to Build a Horse Corral Using PVC
Putting in the Fence
- 1). Measure spots every 6 feet along the fence perimeter. Dig holes a foot deep at each spot.
- 2). Saw PVC pipe into 6-foot lengths. You need one length for each hole. (Use the heaviest-duty PVC available -- horses can be hard on fencing.)
- 3). Place a PVC pipe in each hole and fill the holes with cement. Make sure the PVC pipes are straight when the cement dries. Let the cement dry completely before proceeding.
- 4). Take 12-foot lengths of PVC pipe and run them across three posts so that each ends touch a post: These are your rails. You should use three rails for each fence section: one a foot off the ground, one at waist height, one at the top of the post. Screw the rails into the posts.
- 5). Build the gate by cutting three pipes to 5-½ feet in length and two pipes to 4 feet in length. Screw the two 4-foot-long pipes to two 5-1/5 foot-long to form a rectangle. Screw the last piece across the middle as a rail.
- 6). Attach the gate to the posts with screws and hinges. Attach the latch with screws.