How to Match an Ivory Dress With the Right Makeup
- 1). Wash your face thoroughly with a mild facial cleanser. Pat dry to remove moisture. Apply a facial lotion tailored to your skin type.
- 2). Apply concealer under your eyes and anywhere else on your face that needs retouching. Once you apply the concealer, pat it gently with your ring finger and allow it to dry for five minutes. Squeeze a small amount of foundation onto a foundation brush or sponge and smooth onto your face.
- 3). Suck your cheeks in, similar to a fish, to apply blush. If you use cream blush, then dab a small amount onto the balls of your cheeks and smooth upwards toward your ears with your fingers, a brush or sponge. If you use powder blush, swirl the brush in the powder and tap the brush gently to remove any loose flakes. Start at the ball of your cheeks and glide the blush brush towards your ears. Blend accordingly. Women with fair or pale skin will look fresh and dewy with pink blush, and women with olive, tan or dark skin will benefit from a peach blush. Both blushes will coordinate well with an ivory dress.
- 4). Sweep a light eye shadow over the brow bone, the inner eye area and corner of the eye. This will make the eye area appear brighter. Dust a medium-tone shade of gray or slate eye shadow from the lash line to the center crease. Apply a deeper gray or slate eye shadow to the outer third of your eyelid in the crease. Blend the color as you apply it and darken the shade slightly as you move to the outer edge of the eyelid. Apply a dark shade of gray to the outer corner of the eyelid to add depth. Blend all eye shadow colors together by sweeping a large eye shadow brush from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner.
- 5). Line the upper lash line with a black eyeliner pencil. Start at the inner corner of the eye and follow the lash line to the outer corner. Flick the eyeliner up slightly at the end so it curves upward instead of downward into your outer eye corner. Use a cotton swab to smudge the eyeliner slightly to create a smoky appearance. Line the bottom lash line for a more dramatic eye look.
- 6). Apply two coats of mascara to both the upper lashes and lower lashes.
- 7). Apply a clear, pale pink or peachy gloss to your lips. Clear is the most neutral shade, pink works well for blondes and peach works well for brunettes and jet-black hair.