- 1). Raise and support the front of the truck on jack stands. Remove the front wheels using the 1/2-inch drive air gun and a socket.
- 2). Remove the two bolts in each of the two sway bar mounts where they attach to the frame. Remove the clamps holding the brake lines to the frame to give the brake lines more free play. Use the 3/8-inch drive ratchet and a socket to remove the clamps.
- 3). Remove the shock absorbers by removing the top bolt located under the hood and the bottom bolts on the lower control arms.
- 4). Push the lower control arm down and pull the spring out of its saddle.
- 5). Install the new springs by inserting the top in the pocket first, and then push the lower part of the spring into the saddle. Use the floor jack to lift the lower control arm enough to hold the new spring.
- 6). Insert the shock absorber through the bottom of the spring and screw in the bolts. Lift the lower control arm with the floor jack while guiding the shock's upper stud through the fenderwell. Screw the nut on the top of the shock and tighten.
- 7). Lift the sway bar and screw the bolts into the mounts and tighten. Screw the bolt into the brake line clamp and tighten.
Put the wheels on and let the truck down.
- 1). Raise the rear of the truck and support it with jack stands. Place the floor jack under the left side of the axle housing and lift the housing just enough to take the tension off the shock. Remove the shock by removing the upper and lower bolts using the 1/2-inch drive air gun and a socket.
- 2). Remove the four nuts on the bottom of the U-bolts and remove the U-bolts from the axle housing. Lower the axle with the floor jack enough to fit the wedge block between the bottom of the spring and the axle housing.
- 3). Line up the raised pin with the hole in the axle housing and spring. Make sure that the thickest part of the wedge block faces the rear. Raise the floor jack and pinch the block between the axle housing and the spring.
- 4). Install the new (longer) U-bolts over the axle housing and through the bottom plate and screw on the nuts. Tighten the nuts evenly with the air gun.
- 5). Slide in the shock absorber, screw in the bolts for the shock and tighten them with the air gun. Do the same thing to the opposite side. Put the tires on and let the truck down.