Reclaimed materials, responsibly sourced woods, hand tools, all these factors and more can contribute to beautifully-crafted, sustainable furniture.
This is one product category where green can mean many things, from all natural fibers and those made from recycled soda bottles to natural dyes and backings. This is also a big area for socially-conscious design decisions as many companies go to extra efforts to ensure their partner factories do not employ child labor.
Tile is one of the great ways to incorporate a bit of the natural world into your home. Options like stone, marble, granite and slate can add drama and elegance and form a bridge between the indoors and out.
Textiles & Home Decor
From products crafted by hand, with eco-friendly materials or with causes in mind, there are many ways to outfit a home with good-natured products.
Organizations & Trade Groups
Organizations and trade groups of note with a focus on green living and design.
- GoodWeave Works to End Child Labor in Weaving Communities
- Aid to Artisans Creates Economic Opportunities around the World
- Rainforest Alliance Works to Keep Forests Alive and Profitable
- Forest Stewardship Council Works for Sustainable Forestry Worldwide
- World Wildlife Fund Works for the Future of Nature
- Sustainable Furnishings Council Encourages Responsibility in Business
- Design Trust for Public Space