The Project Management Examination Software you should choose must have these following primary capabilities:
- You must have complete access to the software. You must have the freedom to use it anytime you want like making your own rate of studying because you don't have to worry about your time running out unless you accidentally chose a software that will only give you 40 hours access! You'll have the tendency to stuff everything in your mind.
- Training handbooks are very important for your preparation. It provides the necessary knowledge within the software. It contains the 9 knowledge areas - integration, scope, time, cost quality, human resources, communications, risks and procurement; the processes in accordance with these knowledge areas, where they are used and developed; tools and techniques that are used in these processes; the formulas and acronyms to solve the problems; and the professional responsibilities. Take note that the manuals must be print-ready so that if its on paper, you can highlight the important points you think that will come out of the exam. Besides, there is something difference in learning from the computer and from the paper.
- The manual must be able to monitor and analyze your performance- if you are improving and learning or not. This helps you see the parts where you need more of your focus and attention, rather than wasting your time on topics you already know pretty much.
- And after all those training, you need to see if you are really prepared for the exam. This is determined by the sample test questions and examinations. The questions must be compatible with the contents of the PMBOK Guide. Also, these test questions will help boost up your confidence during the exam. If you reach higher scores with theses tests, you will surely pass the actual PMP Certification Exam.
- One thing you need to be sure of is the software developer you choose. You should make sure that it is a PMI Registered Education Provider; they had the approval of the PMI, so, you don't need to worry much about the exam. They abide with the requirements of the PMI and the knowledge that needs to share with the PMP aspirants. However, to complete the PMI examination requirements, you need to have 35 hours of Project Management Training.
- Paying attention with the examination tips offered by the software is also necessary. It will help you remember and understand parts of the lessons which you hardly comprehend.
With these primary aspects of a PMP Exam Preparation Software, you can make sure that you will pass the PMP Certification Exam. Some software also have aspects such as online help and learning objects which are great bonuses. And one thing you must not forget is the cost of the PMP training software. You may pick a good quality one, but, you must consider your budget. I know it will really be that expensive. However, if ever you will pass the exam, it will be a jackpot! All you have cost will just turn back to you, even in double!
Copyright (c) 2011 John Reiling