College Grants for the State of Ohio
- There are several scholarships available to Ohio students.book, books -many books image by drx from Fotolia.com
Thanks to the generosity of charities, schools, corporations, non-profit organizations and private donors, there are several scholarship and grant opportunities available to Ohio students. There are grants for specific fields of study, need-based awards for students who demonstrate financial need, merit-based scholarships for students who excel academically and even awards for average, traditional students just looking to get ahead. The Ohio Board of Regents is an excellent resource for students.
Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OCOG)
- The Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OCOG) is a need-based scholarship for Ohio associate and bachelor's degree seeking students offered by the Ohio Board of Regents. To qualify, students must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $2,190 or less and a yearly income of $75,000 or less. Students must complete the FAFSA to be considered. The award amount is between $240-$2,256, depending on the Ohio school you attend.
Ohio Board of Regents
30 East Broad Street, 36th floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Ohio War Orphans Scholarship
- The Ohio War Orphans Scholarship is also offered to students by the Ohio Board of Regents. To qualify, you must be have a parent who either died in battle or suffered a severe injury. Students must have a GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, must attend an Ohio college or university full-time and must be under the age of twenty-five. For public schools and community colleges, the award amount is 80 percent of tuition and fees; for private schools the award amount is $4,400 per academic year.
Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship
- The Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship is offered by the Ohio Board of Regents to an outstanding student. To qualify, you must demonstrate great academic accomplishment. Students who receive the scholarship are ranked at the top of their high school class. The awards go to students with the highest GPA's and SAT or ACT scores. Students must also demonstrate good character and leadership potential. The award amount is $1,500 per academic year.
Gateway Excellence Scholarship
- The Gateway Excellence Scholarship is offered to deserving students by Ohio University. To qualify, students must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum ACT score of 32 or a minimum SAT score of 1400. These awards go to the best and brightest students. Students must also fill out the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need. The award amount ranges from $500 to full in-state tuition and fees.
120 Chubb Hall
Athens, OH 45701