How to Clean a Kitten's Goopy Eye
- 1). Mix 1/8 tsp. of salt with 1/2 cup of lukewarm water in a disposable plastic container or paper cup to make a homemade saline solution.
- 2). Put on disposable latex gloves and dip a cotton ball into the warm salt water. Hold your kitten sideways on your lap with your free arm.
- 3). Wipe the eye discharge away with the cotton ball. Use multiple cotton balls if the eye discharge is severe, making sure not to smear any removed discharge into your kitten's eyes. Dispose of the saltwater container and cotton ball or balls.
- 4). Continue holding your cat sideways on your lap, and shake the medicated eyedrops.
- 5). Tilt your kitten's head back with one hand, using the fingers of that hand to gently pry your kitten's eyes open. Lower the medicated eyedrops close to your kitten's eye with your other hand and quickly apply the recommended number of eyedrops.
- 6). Dispose of the latex gloves and wash your hands.