How to Remove Mold From Wood Trim Outdoors
- 1). Put on the rubber gloves.
- 2). Measure 4 cups of water into the bucket.
- 3). Add 1 cup of bleach to the water in the bucket.
- 4). Add 1 Tbsp of mild detergent to the bleach and water in the bucket.
- 5). Stir the mixture with your gloved hand until all the ingredients are well blended and a layer of bubbles begins to form atop the surface.
- 6). Saturate the sponge with the cleaning mixture.
- 7). Wash the mold off of the wooden trim by rubbing the sponge over the affected areas.
- 8). Repeat as necessary until all traces of the mold have been removed.
- 9). Rinse the area with clean, cool water and allow the trim to air dry.
Dispose of the remaining cleaning mixture by pouring it down the drain.
Wash the bucket, sponge and gloves with mild detergent and water to remove any traces of both mold and bleach.