- When searching for decor for an NFL-themed room you can call upon several resources. Look in the departments of your favorite stores for furniture, material, wall decor, kitchenware, clocks, draperies, clothing and bedding. The novice NFL shopper will be surprised at the quality and diversity of items to be found to decorate any functional room in the NFL fan's home.
- Imagine a living or family room with a substantial sofa (or two) covered in fabric that matches your team colors and bears the team logo. Flank the sofa with a sturdy hardwood-and-microfiber-suede recliner that rocks or reclines in three positions. Add a child-size version for the kids. Decorate with beautiful ceiling lights and lamps to add and ambiance to the room. Draperies and curtains can be purchased or made to order; they can match the team color or be done in an overall NFL pattern. You can further embellish a wall with a framed stadium photo and a team clock. Cover the floor in the seating area with a large rug that features the team logo in the center.
- Are you a do -it- yourself handyman? Turn your basement or game room into a man cave that's the ultimate NFL hangout. Paint, paper or apply NFL wall borders around the room. Put down peel-and-stick carpet squares with colors and team logos imprinted on them for one fully decorated, NFL-prize-winning gathering place. Neon light wall features with the team logo will look just right over a snack counter or bar area. The fans can sit in team-logo pub chairs or on bar stools, eating a meal served from a football-shaped crock pot while watching the game. Hang a poster or "Fathead" of your favorite player on a wall. Set up a pool table that is done in cloth that depicts your team of choice, and even get billiard balls with your NFL team logo on them. Personalize a sign or scoreboard and hang it on another wall with your NFL dart cabinet.
On a Budget
- Paint can transform a room quite quickly on a limited budget. Select the dominant team color that will work for the room. Use NFL cloth or bedsheets in solid colors to make curtains or drapes. Add character to your space with inexpensive posters, scarves or even hand-crafted pennants for your favorite team. Invest in poster frames for each poster you want to hang. Frames will make the walls look finished. Drape your existing furniture with an NFL team stadium blanket or throw. Even the adjoining bathroom can be decorated with an NFL shower curtain and matching-colored towels. Small items can be added in to touch up each area of the room. Serving trays, coffee mugs or glassware and a team t-shirt stuffed with a pillow form will round out the decor and raise the comfort level of the room.
- Devising an NFL-themed room can start with a budget that pays for painting supplies and your current collectibles--and can run into thousands of dollars. Your room can be as large and loud as a game, or a small and cozy escape for you and your best friend. A well-planned room will be a gathering place that will have friends and family talking about it for weeks. Whatever your investment of time and money, you can have a room that will give long-lasting personal enjoyment.